Sunday, January 4, 2009

SCS Challenge

This is my first SCS challenge. I did the 'Ways to Use it' challenge #WT199, Ringing in the New Year. Since I had so much fun doing the LSC the other day, I have decided to try to do more challenges this year. This is actually one of my New Year's Resolutions. I figure it is a great way to use some of my supplies that I do not typically "grab" for when I am creating.

Anyway, this challenge was to simply incorporate SILVER into a card. So I thought, how fun is that?

Talk about using supplies I don't usually use, I actually used my cricut for this card (2009). I am so bad about utilizing this tool, so Iwas excited about this. My color scheme is SU Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, and SU Brushed Silver. I absolutely LOVE this color combo. The stamp is from Hero Arts. I added some bling with silver stickles (hard to see) and the 'cheers' emblem is from Joann's. I topped of the card with some silver ribbon I got as a 'steal' from Michael's, as I paid .30 cents a roll on clearance. I just wish i would have bought more!

I hope you enjoy my first SCS challenge. I am actually going to mail it out tomorrow as a SCS RAK. Have a great evening!

2 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card, Jolene.

I have left something on my blog for you.

Karen x

Wendy said...

This is a lovely card
Wendy x